Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This is what happens when I'm bored!!!!

Man I’m starting to feel old. I was watching TV a few days ago when I ran across vh1’s TOP 100 SONG’S OF THE 90’s. As I sat there and stared at this program that basically relived my childhood I noticed some songs automatically triggered memories to some of the stuff that was going on in my life when they were popular. So I’m going to have some fun and give my own commentary on all 100 songs…we will start with 100-50…

50. Alice in Chains "Man in the Box"- Yeah wasn’t a big fan of AIC. I can’t stand that man’s voice
51. Tupac (featuring Dr. Dre and Roger Troutman) "California Love"- Ahhhh yeah…This was off the hook I love me some Tupac.
52. Sugar Ray "Fly"- I used to think Mark Mcgrath’s name was sugar ray. This song always reminds me of summertime and I don’t know why.
53. Naughty by Nature "O.P.P."-To be honest I really don’t remember this one all to well.
54. Joan Osborne "One of Us"-I always thought her voice sounded a lot like Jill Ferguson’s , I was pissed when they said Joan’s nose ring was fake.
55. Fiona Apple "Criminal"- WHAT AN F’D UP WOMAN THIS WAS…
56. L.L. Cool J "Mama Said Knock You Out"-Yeah Mr.Cool J was awesome…I’m gonna knock you out…momma said knock you out….
57. Jay-Z featuring Amil and Ja Rule "Can I Get A..."-I was working for my dad’s pizza place as a delivery driver when this song came out..I blared it through the streets of good ol’ Basehor.
58. Sophie B. Hawkins "Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover"…I,I,I got nothing
59. Weezer "Buddy Holly"-This was one of the best bands of the 90’s in my book…I think the sweater song was better though
60. Bell Biv DeVoe "Poison"-NEVER TRUST A BIG BUTT AND A SMILE!! Words to live by
61. Sheryl Crow "All I Wanna Do"-All I wanna do is….SHUT THE CRAP UP!!!!
62. Live "I Alone"-I got the chance to see these guys twice…they are FABULOUS!!!!
63. The Notorious B.I.G. featuring Mase & Puff Daddy "Mo Money Mo Problems"-That’s the truth isn’t it?? I mean I’m poor and I have no problems….wait that’s not right.
64. The Presidents of the United States of America "Peaches"-one of the most under rated bands of the 90’s, their songs had no meaning whatsoever but they were catch as all get out.
65. Digital Underground "The Humpty Dance"-That fact that the song has the lyrics “Do me baby” In it makes this a great song…..
66. Edwin McCain "I'll Be"-Have you ever seen this guy? He look’s like a hippe and a Grunge rocker made a baby…but the song was ok..It reminds me of high school dances in the cafeteria. 67. Deee-Lite "Groove Is In The Heart"—I really didn’t do drugs so this song had no meaning to be
68. Will Smith "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It"-IT’S F’ING WILL SMITH WHAT DO YOU THINK?
69. Korn "Freak on a Leash"- That was some goooood music right there. It was a sound we had really never heard before.
70. Jamiroquai "Virtual Insanity"-I’m not gay
71. Arrested Development "Tennessee"-I think I was in like 8th Grade when this came out so I liked it…
72. Barenaked Ladies "One Week"-This song still bothers me…what the heck was he saying when he was singing fast…The only part I ever got was chckata Chinese the Chinese chicken……. 73. Marcy Playground "Sex and Candy"-I remember listening to this song and driving to Lawrence with Paul….Probably to do something stupid.
74. Cher "Believe"-How come someone hasn’t killed her yet? 75. Kris Kross "Jump"-Yeah there is a good fashion statement..Hey kids where all of your clothes backwards and you will be cool!! 76. Blues Traveler "Run-Around"-This song was WAY over played, It was good at first then got REAL old.
77. Ice Cube "It Was a Good Day"---It was a good day wasn’t it?
78. Lenny Kravitz "Are You Gonna Go My Way"-nothin
79. Meredith Brooks "Bitch"-I bet she really was a bitch…..
80. Right Said Fred "I'm Too Sexy"- This song was actually about me…but I didn’t want to brag so they left me out..
81. Paula Cole "I Don't Want to Wait"-Two words….DAWSONS CREEK…Watch me slit my wrists
82. Geto Boys "Mind Playing Tricks on Me"
83. The Breeders "Cannonball" I don’t remember these 3 songs
84. Snow "Informer"
85. Cypress Hill "Insane In The Brain"- I remember sitting in Brian Quisenberrys bed room listening to this song because my parents wouldn’t let buy the cd..FAT BOY ON A DIET DON’T TRY IT I’LL TUCK YOU’RE A** LIKE A LOOTER IN A RIOT…AH THE GOOD TIMES.
86. The Cranberries "Linger"-This chicks voice scared the living crap out of me. I thought she was going to come through my radio at night and kill me….
87. Billy Ray Cyrus "Achy Breaky Heart"-Thank God for the Achy Breaky Hair Mistakey
88. Duncan Sheik "Barely Breathing"-Huh that’s how I felt after listening to this piece of crap ( IRONY )
89. Liz Phair "Never Said"-Never heard this song but she’s hot….
90. New Radicals "You Get What You Give"-I remember how cool I thought it was that this song mentioned Beck, Hanson, Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson..I was a complete tool.
91. Sarah McLachlan "Building a Mystery"-Lilith fair anyone??
92. Public Enemy "911 Is A Joke"-Not any more the FLAVA FLAAAAAAAAV .what a joke..
93. Lisa Loeb & Nine Stories "Stay"-Oh she made nerds HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
94. Fastball "The Way"- This was actually based on a real news article, what kind of messed up people would do this? Even better what kind of messed up people would write a song about it..
95. Montell Jordan "This is How We Do It"-you couldn’t go to a part in the 90’s without hearing that song
96. Nelson "(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection"-No Comment
97. Prince & The New Power Generation "Gett Off"- It’s prince…..that means it’s good right? 98. EMF"Unbelievable"- For some reason this song ticks me off
99. Missy "Misdemeanor" Elliott "The Rain (Supa Dupa Fly)"
100. Gerardo "Rico Suave"- Oh this guy was a complete tool. I mean he thought he was actually talented……think again Rico….

I know these might seem weird the funnier ones will be 50-1 but hey I’m bored and this gave me something to pass the time so BACK OFF….

1 comment:

pBerry said...

That's pretty fun, yo.