Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Here, There and Everywhere

It’s been a good morning so far, my work load has been light to this point and the phones are semi-quite. I had band practice last night and that was awesome, I really do enjoy the time I get to spend with Josh, Jesse and Brandon. I miss Addison a lot though, for those of you who don’t know Addison was our original bass player who decided to leave the band a couple of months ago. Brooke and I visited our old church in Shawnee last Sunday, It was nice to see everyone again, some people didn’t even realize that we had a baby. But going back got me to thinking how much I don’t miss that place. I mean It seems like a lot of people I know are wanting to get out of the town they live in and go to somewhere bigger and better, But in my mind I just keep asking why? I guess it’s because I was the same way, before Brooke and I got married I had never lived outside of Tonganoxie and after 21 years I was ready to get the heck out and move to the “city”. So when Brooke and I first got married we moved to Gardner and I loved it, So much so that when the time came for us to move to Princeton I didn’t want to go, I remember saying our friends were up here our church is up here and our jobs are up here we would be stupid to leave. Well flash forward 5 years to today, where do I stand now? If I can fight it I will never live in the big city again. It took me awhile to get to the point of admitting that but I’m glad got there. Sure it was nice having everything close by and sure it nice to go get groceries right across the street, but I wasn’t happy. I didn’t know anyone in the apartments where we lived. We really didn’t do much with our friends even though they lived close. But none of that compares to a small town atmosphere. I love how people are just nice. Everyone says hello and well it’s just a feeling you can’t get in the city, Ok now that I have rambled on about that I want to close by saying Suni is feeling better…FABULOUS!! And Amy is driving me nuts. Oh and my best friend Scott Is a blowhole ( I’m not quite sure how insulting that is but is just fits him today) . Tune In later I might have some bitter diatribe toward women named Amy.

No comments: