Monday, March 10, 2008

Come home running

Life is truly amazing. I am starting to finally figure out that most people are inherently good. The same people who make you angry are the very same people who make you smile and laugh. I have been an a roller coaster lately with people in general. It seems like every once in a while I lose who I am. I sometimes get confused with life causing me to lose my “identity” . A lot of the time I’m good, I’m happy, smiling and just being myself, And then there are days where I don’t know anything. This is that part that amazes me. On those days when I feel like I am lost and no one understands me I have always found comfort in the arms of Jesus. I look at all of my friends who are constantly saying they are searching for something but they just don’t know what it is and I just want to yell” LOOK AT JESUS, HE’S RIGHT THERE”, but ultimately I don’t. I don’t know whether it’s a fear of being laughed at or what but I seem to always back down. Here are some lyrics to one of my favorite Chris Tomlin songs. I want to play this for everyone of my friends who are still searching..

Oh heart of mine, why must you stray?
From one so fair you run away
And one more time you have to pay
The heaviness of needless shame

Oh heart of mine, come back home
You've been too long out on your own
And He's been there all along
Watching for you down the road

So come home running
His arms are open wide
His name is JesusHe understands
He is the answerYou are looking for
So come home running
Just as you are

Oh child of God so dearly loved
And ransomed by the Savior's blood
And called by name, "daughter" and "son"
Wrapped in the robe of righteousness

The words of this song ring so true in our everyday lives, we can always come home running and that is what makes this life amazing!!!

2 comments:

Tj said...

Faith keeps you goin, helps you find your lost self sometimes....nice lyrics, by the way...

carrie said...

this is called being human. that is a good song.