Monday, March 17, 2008

Weddings and such

Have you ever been in a state of mind where all you can seem to do is think? I don’t mean like what are you going to have for dinner thinking, I’m talking about deep thinking and good ol’ soul searching. Well I was in one of those moods yesterday. It all started when Brooke and I along with the rest of her family went to a wedding for her cousin Ryan. We arrived at the venue , a real upscale golf clubhouse, we walked into the area where the wedding was to take place and immediately my mind flashed back my wedding. I started to really remember how awesome that day was, how beautiful Brooke looked and as I was thinking about that I looked over and saw my Brother in law Caleb and his fiancée Jenny. I got excited for them, their wedding is in July and I could see the excitement in their eyes as they looked upon the ceremony. It brought a few tears to my eyes. And as I sat there almost crying I heard those two words that put me over the edge …….OPEN BAR! Holy crap I was in heaven. I haven’t been to an open bar reception in alooooong time. Don’t worry I didn’t go over bored I only had two beers which is good for me. Trust me If you knew me back in the day 2 beers are nothing…I hooked you and then I reeled you in ..I am awesome!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never been to an open bar wedding. I must be missing out on one of the great things in life.
Yeah, we just picked out wedding music with Caleb and Jenny. Weddings are great. And the music at theirs will be great.

carrie said...

weddings always get me too. mine was kind of a blur. I wish I could remember more.