Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cars, Houses and all kinds of crap

So here is an update on what is going on with me lately, Two weeks ago my father in-law and I drove all they way to beautiful Springdale Arkansas to get me a car we found on the internet. It was a 1994 Pontiac Bonneville it was only $1600!! And it looked great. So we embarked on our journey which was the longest amount of time him and I have spent together alone and it was fun. Four hours later we arrive at our destination. We look at the car and it’s not in quite as good of shape as we thought, but it still looked decent for the price. We took it for a test drive and noticed a noise in the wheel area and thought a CV joint was going out, I figured I could fix that with no problem due to how cheap the car was. So it finally came down to whether or not I was going to buy it I wrestled back in forth between yes and no before finally deciding yes. We started our trip back home with my Father in-law driving my “new car” and when we stopped to eat lunch he told me it wasn’t shifting into overdrive. I was immediately angry and he calmed me down telling me he thought it was just a sensor that had gone out and it probably wouldn’t be REAL expensive to fix. So we got it home and scheduled a time for the mechanic to look at it. He called us two days later with some news, He said the CV joint wasn’t out it was just a loose piece of metal and he fixed that. SWEET!! And then came the bombshell..the transmission was bad and he said looking at the car putting in a new transmission wouldn’t be worth it.
So here I am with a car I just paid $1600 for and I am being told it’s worthless. My father in law told me that since he doesn’t drive much that he would take my car and let me use his car as a work car. Flash forward to 2 days ago, I get a call at work from Brooke asking me if her dad had called me, I said no why? She then proceeded to tell me that the car had died on him. It was completely out of oil which it shouldn’t have been seeings how he just changed the oil a couple days before. So now on top of that the engine is blown as well and we had to tow it home on Monday. I hate cars!
On another note Brooke and I are starting to look at buying a house in Ottawa. We really don’t want to live in the city but it’s the best option for us right now. Our plan is to buy a house live there fir 5 to 10 years and when the housing market is back up again, Sell it and build our own house on some land that was given to us. It has been exciting though looking at homes and trying to figure out what we can afford. I will be sure to keep you posted on what we find!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I drove by that house you were telling us about on Saturday. It looks nice from the outside.... Lots of character!
And that majorly sucks about the car. You'd think some people would actually have integrity and at least MENTION a problem, even if they do play it down.

carrie said...

there's a small three bedroom two houses down from us for sale for 72,000. small yard, but I've been inside it, and it's not bad.

of course then we'd be your neighbors and I'm not sure you could handle me yelling at my kids two yards over all the time. Brooke would be calling you on the phone, "I wish that Carrie chick would shut her pie hole! I can't take it anymore!"

NOt that she's like that, but I'm sure that's what the current owners are thinking.

oh, and I totally hate cars too. blech.

Anonymous said...

Bite me. It's not my fault I'm a jenius.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I meant to spell it that way.
That's the spelling my siblings and I use when someone does something completely dumb, yet thinks they're so smart. Hence, "I am a jenius."