Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I'm just trying to be like everyone else

So everyone else I know is posting music stuff on their blogs So me not being one that want’s to be left off the bandwagon I am going to do the same. I wrote this song about a year and a half ago when I was feeling pretty down and I was fighting battles I didn’t think I could win and I finally just gave it up and let God take it. The Song is called one left standing and it will be on my band’s new Cd when we are done mastering it.

something has happened to me/but everything’s the same
born into new life/everything has changed/
demons swirling around my head/
tearing my inside/can’t take anymore, my God, hear my cry/

save me/from this life I’m living/
save me/let me know I’m forgiven/

You take this fight from me/when I try I fail
Holy Spirit rescue me/pull me from this hell
I feel the Spirit in me/I’ve found a place to hide
my God/my Refuge/my God/

save me/from this life I’m living/save me/let me know I’m forgiven/save me/from this life I’m living/save me/let me know I’m forgiven

Copyright 2006 Dead Now Rise

I still get to this point almost everyday. And I still use this as my prayer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the words.  I can't promise I'd like it with the music.... Sorry. :)Am I a bad friend?  You've been in this band for how long and I've never heard you play.  Hmm...

carrie said...

those lyrics are pretty intense. it's better that you pray that everyday than being apathetic like so many others.

Anonymous said...

A longer second toe is the mark of perfection....