Thursday, February 14, 2008

Well....this is because of rachel

Well another chapter in my crazy life. I was reading Rachel’s blog this morning about how her and Paul met, and it got me to thinking about how Brooke and I met almost 10 years ago(WOW!). It was the fall of 1999. I was going to college at Jccc. I was going to take my required classes and then proceed to Manhattan Christian College to study youth ministry or at least that was the plan. One night I was playing around on the internet on a website called Collegeclub.com. On there you could do really extensive searches to see who was online. So I figured heck I’m bored, I’ll give it a shot. So I started to filter, First who was online in the state of Kansas. Woah that was a bunch of people, So I narrowed it down to people from Jccc, Still a lot of people, So I filtered down one more time to people online with a religion major. There was one person online, angel021780. I figured I’d just say hello and that would be the end of it. Well after awhile we got to where we Im’d all the time and emailed each other everyday. She told me she lived in Ottawa Ks, and I was that’s not far away at all! So she sent me a picture so I could actually see what she looked like..yeah she’s a hottie. Then the big night came. Thanksgiving 1999, After dinner I was hanging out with my best friend Scott when I got a telephone call, It was Brooke, She asked me if I would like to go see a move that night. I said yes but could I bring my friend along? (Just incase she turned out to be a dude) . We saw the legend of sleepy hollow. The date went well there are a lot of funny stories about that date, you can get those from Brooke, I’m to embarrassed to tell them. I did know one thing following that date……I met the woman I was going to marry.

Promptly after that It seemed like everything was like a whirlwind, we went on all kinds of dates and I met all of her crazy friends and she met mine. My mother kept telling me I had to marry this girl she was the best thing that had ever happened to me. And boy was she right. On Christmas eve of 2000 I asked Brooke to marry me, She said yes and we both cried ( I know I’m a Puss) We got married on September 15th 2001. We lived in Gardner Ks for a year, then we moved to Princeton where we have been ever since. All in all on this valentines day I guess I just want to say how thankful I am for my Wife and I love her so much!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww.... So sweet!
You need to put your link on Carrie's blog - she'd love it!
And, I know I knew it, but.... It didn't seem like (almost) two years from when you two met 'til you got married!

carrie said...

thanks for linking up and sharing your story. I'm having a total blast reading all these!