Thursday, May 15, 2008

Updates abound

Ok I need to post today to counter balance my mushy side. There is SO much going on this weekend, well only one thing really but it will take all day. Saturday Morning Brooke and I are heading to Bolivar Missouri to see my brother in law Caleb graduate. I am looking forward to spending some time with him and his fiancĂ©e, I’m just not looking forward to all the driving. Last weekend was a blast!! I went to my good friend Josh’s house Friday night to help him prepare for the BBQ we were going to have the next day. I had to stop by the liquor store on my way to pick up some beer for the mopping sauce we were going to use for the brisket. S0 I bought the beer and I also bought some Wild berry Country cocktails because that sounded good and I bought Josh’s wife a bottle of wine just to say thank you for letting be hang out over there for 2 days. Well as it usually does with Josh and myself things got a little out of hand, we went to lowes to get some quickcrete so we could put some fence posts in at his house. We got back from Lowes and headed over to Brandon’s house to cut some of the fence posts. When we got there Brandon offered us a beer, So we took him up on his offer. We got all the posts cut and went back to Josh’s house to start making our mopping sauce for the brisket when we realized that we had more beer then what we needed for the sauce..5 cans to be exact. So we couldn’t let it go to waste so we drank them. Then we drank some of the cocktails and decided to go put in some fence posts. There we were, half sober at 11:45 am putting up fence posts when we heard some creepy music coming form the woods behind the house, it was like crazy clown ice cream truck music…I almost wet myself. We realized about 12:30am that we needed stuff from Wal-mart so we took another trip to Bonner Springs to get what we needed and made a pit stop at McDonalds mmmm!!! I finally made it to bed at 2:30am and woke up at 5:30am to start grilling. It took 9 hours for the brisket to smoke but it was well worth it.
After all that was said and done Brooke told me the my brother in law Seth was home for mothers day, so we went to applebees in Ottawa to have dinner with him. It was nice . I like seeing him whenever we can and seeings how he is moving to Colorado in a month or so we try to get as much time with him as we can. Well That’s all I got,

2 comments:

carrie said...

I'm surprised you got so much done after drinking all that beer. Charlie drinks one beer and he's ready for bed. He'll probably get mad that I told you that. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

What was the creepy clown music from? After drinking all that, I would have figured that you would have HAD to go check it out!