Monday, April 21, 2008

My weekend and Soap Boxes

Ok First off Rachel, the only reason I am posting today is because of your remark about it being 4 days. Ok with that out of the way , this weekend was great. On Thursday of last week I got to have dinner with a friend of mine whom I haven’t seen in forever! It was a blast we talked about old times and brought each other up to speed on where we are at in our lives now. I am still riding the high from that night. It’s amazing how you can pick up where you left off over a decade ago. I look forward to many more good times with him and hope we can get our good friendship back.
Friday night was a blast as well. It was couples night and we had a new couple join us. It was a great time with games and food and Amy telling everyone she got knocked up again. Way to go Dan! On Saturday I went to the church to get things ready for Sunday when I struck up a conversation with a guy I go to church with. We talked about history mainly but I feel the roots of a friendship were planted. I sure hope so. After that my mom and dad came out to the house to spend time with Glenna, they are completely head over heels for her. Then came Sunday, Church was awesome, Pastors message was great as usual, but I have found something that really bothers me. Talking/whispering during the message!!! Call me old but I think that is the biggest sigh of disrespect one can have. We are taught when we are little that we are not to be talking when ever someone else is talking, so why is it any different to do it while the pastor is preaching? I see it this way and I have told the Jr. Highers in my former youth group this exact thing “ I do not put pastors on a pedestal. They are mere humans just like I am, they are no closer to God than any of us, BUT they do bring the message of God to us and when we talk and do other things during their message we are not only disrespecting then we are also disrespecting God as well.” Ok I am now stepping off of my soap box! I hope you all have a gooooood week and Look out for my Crazy Grandma Fridays…oh this is gonna be fun!!

3 comments:

carrie said...

Hope that wasn't us! If so, sorry! Charlie and I are listening, but will hear something funny and that's all it takes.

We'll try to watch it since you're sitting behind us!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post. I was just quoting the last comment you left on MY blog. :) But it got a result.
And Paul and I were the guilty whisperers this week... Sorry. We were paying attention, mostly.

Anonymous said...

So you need to post an update. My site is being unfriendly and not allowing me to post (and I actually have a good one!) - so at least give me something new to read!
....And I'm ignoring the white trash comment.