Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Me lately

You can listen to this song at the bottom of this post

There are things that I'll never understand / The road I've walked that has made me who I am (Romans 8:28) / Reminiscing with the picture on the wall again / Reminding me just how far away I've been
I'm looking to lay my burdens down / They're something I can't carry anymore (Matthew 11:28) / I'm longing to lay my body down / Beside still waters and find rest for my soul (Psalm 23:2-3)
My knees are weak and my mind is tired (Hebrews 12:12-13) / I've followed every dream of every liar / If there's a place that you've prepared for me that I belong (John 14:2-3) / Then let these dry bones arise to live and breathe your song (Ezekiel 37:5)
What once was dead has now come alive (Ephesians 2:1-5)


This song has really touched me lately, I find myself listening to it over and over I decided to post these lyrics along the verse references because I think it’s better that way. I keep thinking about all things of that have gone on in my life that have made me who I am, and it always seems I get brought back to this point of realization of how far away from God I really am sometimes. I count how many times I feel like my mind is tired from following everything I have heard. I so desperately want to lay my burdens down but it’s so hard. I know I need to lean on God more but I find it more and more difficult each day. I feel like I am constantly fighting off temptations and instead of running to God I try to fend them off myself and ultimately wind up failing every time. One verse that helps me in hard times is more of a prayer. It’s psalm 25 1-5……


1[a] To you, O LORD, I lift up my soul;
2 in you I trust, O my God.
Do not let me be put to shame,
nor let my enemies triumph over me.
3 No one whose hope is in you
will ever be put to shame,
but they will be put to shame
who are treacherous without excuse.
4 Show me your ways, O LORD,
teach me your paths;
5 guide me in your truth and teach me,
for you are God my Savior,
and my hope is in you all day long.

Ok that is my soapbox for today. I hope whoever reads this has a good day!


No comments: